Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday, America!

After years of proclaiming that Boston has the best July 4th celebration and, more importantly, fireworks display, Ryan finally decided take me to the July 4th Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular. I absolutely love fireworks but let's be honest, the best fireworks show I've ever seen was through my tv screen. Needless to say, I was super psyched. Because we were making the trip to Boston for the long weekend, his parents were kind enough to also get us (fabulous) tickets to a Red Sox game.

We're matching!



"When you're burned..."
It's a horrible picture but... for the Burn Notice fans out there,
Jeffrey Donovan (aka Michael Westen) threw the first pitch of the game.

We were super lucky to have been invited to see the show, bypassing the scores of (very admirable) people who started waiting 10-12 hours before it started. Being just a few rows away from the famous Boston Pops was just blows my mind.

I love cotton candy as much as I love fireworks.
Ryan bought a huge bag of fluffy, pink cotton candy for me.
And yes, I managed to eat it all. :)

Look at the beautiful sky!

Toby Keith with the Boston Pops

- - - celebrity sightings - - -
Craig Ferguson & Toby Keith

I think I had more cotton candy this weekend than in the past decade. The Red Sox game was great and the entertainment portion of the July 4th Boston Pops Spectacular was fantastic but the *hands down* highlight of my weekend was the amazing fireworks. Truly breathtaking.

Thanks for the marvelous weekend, hun!

How did you spend your long weekend?




1 comment: