Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wall Envy

Now, I'm not going to lie - I know it's ridiculous to plan how we're going to decorate our new apartment when we haven't even found a place yet... but I can't help myself. My mind is racing.
We won't be moving too many items from our current apartment - and since the only pieces of furniture that we've acquired are a set of Crate and Barrel Lounge couches, we have a clean slate to work with.

I would love to brighten the space up with colorful walls and fun pops of color.
via Apartment Therapy

Or should we attempt wallpaper?
left || A Stone's Throw Away, Oh Joy! for Hygge & West
right || Analognights by Aimee Wilder

I can't seem to settle on a particular style - bold but neutral? Or bright and fun? (Though I'm leaning towards a bit of both.. haha.) Oh, the decisions! We also want to take the opportunity to add a personal touch to our new space. Our current apartment is more a mish mosh of furniture that we've either acquired out of necessity or inherited along the way. It would be nice for our home to reflect our style and personality.

Some eye candy for inspiration:
found here

found here

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you'll know how to decorate as soon as you see the apartment you'll be living in! :) If your mind is racing now, it'll race like crazy when you finally sign the lease! :) I'm so excited for you - can't wait to help you decorate!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lillian -- when you see the apartment, you'll know what you need to start doing to it. Honestly, I don't think it's ever too early to start decorating a place. I've been "decorating" my apartment for two years now, though I'm looking forward to my move back to NYC to start doing it officially.

    ReplyDelete