Wednesday, January 6, 2010

we have a winner

After our engagement, we quickly realized that we needed to set a date and without the right venue, that was a hard task to accomplish. I was concerned about finding the right space and the right caterer that reflects us as a couple. When I found The Foundry in Long Island City, I thought the search was over. The space was modern and very unusual. However, after visiting the site, my parents was not convinced. My mom wanted something more traditional with the amenities that a catering hall would provide. To appease her, we went to view a typical event hall in Long Island (which we will not name) by the Long Island Sound. The view was spectacular but the interior was dated, the food looked less than impressive and the price was steep. At least I tried right? Thankfully, she didn't love it either. By the recommendation of a caterer I was communicating with, we went to visit The Picnic House, located in Prospect Park. The venue is gorgeous - I have to admit I could picture us getting married there however, because the venue really only consisted of one room, it wasn't feasible for us. We needed a place that could accommodate our ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception.

Finally, we made an appointment with Valerie of Abigail Kirsh to see Stage 6 at Steiner Studios. Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Steiner Studios is home to countless movies, as well as the TV shows, Damages and The Unusuals. With spectacular views of lower Manhattan, the venue was large enough to accommodate everything we needed, the interior was clean, sleek and modern, and the food looked stunning. We have a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment